- / Blog
- / The Adroit team supports Gippsland in their time of need..
The Adroit team supports Gippsland in their time of need..
Our thoughts go to our clients that have recently been impacted by the devastating weather events which tore through the Gippsland region. Many residents and businesses were significantly affected by the storm, in particular wind and flood damage to their properties which caused widespread devastation leaving many without power for extended periods along with impacting livelihoods and leaving behind a large-scale clean-up.
In a positive light, we could not have been prouder of the job our team did in managing claims and offering risk advice and support to the clients affected.
The team at Adroit were there to help take the stress out of making a claim and to advocate for our clients. Our catastrophic experience ensured that the assessor got on the ground quickly and promptly, sourced entitlements and additional benefits that form part of the claim process and strived to achieve outcomes promptly and efficiently. We assist with all the details, we are there at the property when needed, not just on the end of the phone.
On top of the usual claims support we provide; our team also took on extra initiatives to help our clients and the wider Gippsland community. Some of the additional ways we supported were:
- We proactively reached out to the clients who we knew were in the impact zones
- The team personally volunteered their services at the relief centres for clients and non-clients at Yinnar during the first stages of recovery.
- Attended via zoom the council meetings at Latrobe to stay up to date on relevant information including relief packaging and funding that could be useful for clients
- Our Managing Principal personally provided her equipped 4wd vehicle which enabled clients/non clients to be able to charge up their devices.
- Attended high impacted clients in the Yinnar/Budgeree/Boolarra district to provide support and vouchers to assist for their personal needs (hot meal, fuel for generator etc).
- Checked on progress to see that assessors had made contact. Liaised with assessors whilst on the ground with the ability to re-prioritise urgent assessments depending on individual circumstances.
- Provide options of temporary accommodation for those in need. The challenge that arises during these events is the looting that prevents property owners from accepting these options as they do not wish to leave their assets unattended.
- We were there to lend an ear, a hand, and any other support they required
- Provided “pay it forward” funds at Café 3869 in Yinnar for those impacted with no power to get a hot cup of coffee or a meal.
To our affected clients, we continue to offer you our ongoing support and hope that we have provided you with the best possible outcome in the claims process.